Here are some pictures of the new pad...
When we moved in the new paint on the front door was bubbling, so we spent a month stripping off all the paint, sanding it, and picking out leftover paint from every nook and cranny. We primed and repainted it. It look great for a couple weeks and it started again. Arghh! Our front door looks like it's got a terrible case of warts! Bleh!
My sis-in-law recently got me hooked on garage sales (I always figured people were just selling crap, so I was never very interested) and I have found quite a few treasures! The table in my entry way was $10! The headboard in our guest room...free! I plan to repaint it darker brown. The trunk came from an elderly lady who said it was her grandmothers. It looks about 100 years old. When I brought it home I asked Dave if he liked it. His reply, "Sure, if we were Pirates!!! Where did that come from, the Titantic?!?" He was happy when I suggested we put it on the ledge above the front door (he figured at least up there hopefully no one would see it). I think it's oozing character. If only it could tell me where it's been! I also got this really cute bed for Audrey's room for $40! I'm sure it was worth ten times that. So, the couponer in me has now officially been converted to garage sales!
For our next project...painting the cabinets. We started in our laundry room (Mom, I know how you cringed when I mentioned doing this, so you better just close your eyes- I completely covered all that beautiful oak). Some girls at work said it made their homes look way better, so we decided to try it. We are hoping to have the kitchen cabinets painted in the next 2 weeks.
And just because I'm crazy (or overambitious) I started painting Audrey's room at the same time. I'm trying for a soothing Shabby Chic feel. I decided since she's still young enough to not fuss over paint color that I would skip the basic pink and do a color I love, blue, like the ocean in the tropics (or as Dave refers to it...third world country blue). I'm sure in a year or two she will be adamant that it has to be pink, but I'll enjoy this while it lasts. I still need to finish painting and decorating it, but I'm loving having a little girly room to decorate!
*No computers were harmed in the making of this post, but it was pretty close. Thankfully my computer savvy husband showed me how to unzip the zip file I created from photobucket. Did I ever mention computers and I don't get along???
9 years ago



5 comments:
I love how the cabinets turned out! Can't wait to see it in person. Your kids crack me up! They say the best stuff!
Thanks for the new posts, Andrea. Love your new home. You are so talented and ambitious to take on new projects. Love the old trunk. It is similar to one I have that belonged to Grandpa's mother.
Your kids "say the darnest things"
Love to hear about them.
Great finds, girly!! I absolutely love the paint in Audreys room! Great choice!! What color are you painting the cabinets?
I love the pics of your new home. I think it is absolutely beautiful!
Yay you updated your blog! I love the new house pictures. You are so good at decorating. The cabinets look great! When can you come decorate and paint my house? It could use a little of your magic. I have lived here almost 4 years and have not made the progress you have made in just a few months.
Post a Comment