Not much has been happening around here. I have been going to the park and pool quite a bit (with the kids) and getting canceled from work constantly. I've kind of been in a rut this weekend. There's something about sleeping all day just to find out I didn't need to, that has been getting to me. After taking a three hour nap, I can't manage to fall asleep until after midnight, and then I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I'm not even getting to work and my job is still dictating my life. Come on people, have some preemie's out there, please!
Anyway, since life has been rather lethargic and uneventful this week, I'll write about Audrey (who, by the way, reminds me an awful lot of Little Cindy Lou Who, who was no more than two). Audrey loves to suck. She hasn't quite figured out how to suck her thumb, and hasn't ever cared for a pacifier, so this favorite past time of hers is a little difficult. Her solution? Suck on anything that passes near her face. It's not a soft, cute little suckle either. It is a ferocious, blood-thirsty suck. She could probably pull water out of a rock if given the opportunity.
In an attempt to get her to sleep better at night, and by order of her Pedi, Dr. Cutts, we try to sooth her back to sleep at night, instead of just feeding her every time she wakes up. Occasionally when Dave goes in her room at night to calm her back to sleep she feels his arm on her face and instinctively sucks on it. Rather than eventually coming to the realization that his forearm does not produce milk, she becomes more determined. Needless to say, we have been acquiring hickeys all over our arms. So, in case anyone was wondering, these hideous blemishes are the work of our sweet, tiny little angel.
9 years ago



1 comment:
holy cow, get that girl a binky!
Post a Comment