Monday, December 29, 2008

December 24th, 2008. Logan's 5th Birthday!











About a week before Logan's actual Birthday, I took the kids up to Auburn to go see the snow with Grandma and Grandpa Shaw. We drove about 10 minutes East and there was snow everywhere! The boys have not spent much time in it, so I was wondering if they would take much interest in it. Logan absolutely loved it. He loved trying to make snowballs and throwing them at everyone. He didn't mind the cold on his hands, but the weather was pretty nice, considering how much snow there was.

We went back to their house and in the evening we took Logan to John's Incredible Pizza Company. He was dying to go back after seeing it with his friend. I told him it would have to be one of his presents cause it's pretty pricey to go, and he didn't mind at all. He had a blast. It was almost overwhelming for him with all the rides, all you can eat pizza and he got some great birthday presents. I wouldn't go there every birthday just because we are not that high maintenance, and don't want to teach our kids that, but it was fun to try it out.

On the way home I asked him "What was your favorite part of the day?" and he replied "the snow!" I think next year we'll just have a sledding party for his birthday!
We ended up saving the cake for the BIG DAY. He had requested a Bulldozer cake that we had seen in Family Fun Magazine. I decided, if I'm gonna spend 2 hours making a cake, I wanted people to be able to enjoy it with us! It turned out pretty well, and I made Dave break open my new Christmas present to take pictures of it (he did so in stealth mode, so I wouldn't be able to examine it until Christmas morning.

I can't believe he is 5 already! It doesn't seem so long ago that I was spending that Christmas Eve in the hospital. Logan, you have been such a joy in our home. Thanks for coming into our family! We love you!

1 comment:

The Babkm5 said...

What a cute cake! It looks like Logan had a great birthday! Happy Belated Birthday, Logan!