Monday, December 29, 2008

Thanksgiving















Okay, so it is time to finish the update. Thanksgiving day was great. Grandma and
Grandpa Porter flew in from Utah. Dave's Cousin Ben and his family were visiting from the Bay area too. We had a wonderful meal and I didn't have to work it this year, so I was mostly relaxing. I had a cold Thursday morning though, so on an empty stomach (due to rushing around to get out the door) I took 2 Dayquil. I felt loopy and dizzy the whole day. It has been years since I have taken any of that stuff, but now I remember why I hate it. I felt like I couldn't carry on a conversation the entire time I was there, and every time I picked up Audrey I was afraid my arm would give out and drop her. Note to self-toss the Dayquil!
Thursday night I stayed at Lisa's so we could wake up and go meet Amy and Valerie for some Black Friday shopping at 5 AM. Second note to self- returned almost everything from black friday deals after realizing the presents I had bought were not likely to be what my kids wanted; is it really worth waking up at 4 am for???
After shopping a few hours, we went and picked up Dave's mom to get her out of the house while her Christmas present was being delivered. Her kids/husband got together and bought her a baby grand piano. It was pretty fun to see the shock on her face. Once again, my photos don't do it justice, but it's the best I could get at the time.

1 comment:

The Babkm5 said...

I love it when lots of family can get together! Even though you guys couldn't say for Thanksgiving here it was nice to have you here for a couple days before hand. Bryce really had fun playing with Logan & sam and the girls loved Audrey, at least Kayla did.