
Getting a little aggressive, aren't we. Logan is the one in the red jersey
I tried to get a picture of him kicking the ball in the goal, but camera delay caused me to only catch the aftermath, as the coach is clapping and Logan seems to be taking a bow.
Logan has had a lot of first recently. He seems to be mellowing out quite a bit and now takes great satisfaction in helping us out. Friday morning he got himself completely dressed for school (shoes and all), got out all the stuff for every one's breakfast and fed Audrey a bowl of cereal before we had even gotten out of bed! It was awesome! In the last few months he has learned how to ride a bike, swim, lost his first tooth, started school and today he had his first real soccer game. We missed the teams first game last Saturday because we were still on vacation. This is his first year playing and he's been really worried about it. He said to me before his first practice, "Mom, I'm nervous." "Why?", I asked. "Because I don't know how to play soccer." He's always had really good strength, so I knew it wouldn't be a problem, but it was kind of sad and sweet to see him open up his feelings to me. I just told him all the other kids were new at it too, and the coaches would help them to learn, that it's just for fun. After his first practice he was still a little unsure if he liked it. By the second day he was warming up to it. I mostly wanted him to play because I think it will help him feel more self confident because he is really good at these types of things and he seriously needs to burn off some of his energy to keep him out of trouble.
This morning before his big game he was once again a little nervous about it. He got there and had no problems. He is quite a bit taller and probably a year older than most of the other players, so I was worried he might be a ball hog. I think it actually went really well. At this age group they don't keep score, but Logan managed to get 3 goals! I didn't really care if he scored, as long as he was having fun, but he felt pretty good about it, and that was really fun to watch.



2 comments:
So cute! Logan is growing up and I know that his Uncle Tyler would be proud of him. You need to tell us when his games are so we can come watch!
It looks like he was having fun! and those games can get aggressive...we have had a few of our own even to the point of the game being called because parents were so mad about the way the other team was treating our kids!
Post a Comment