Okay, Keyonna, at your request I am posting my recipe for Dave's favorite dish.
Chicken Garlic Pizza:
1 Pizza Dough (see recipe below)
2-4 Tbsp Ranch Dressing
Garlic Salt
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4 Diced Green Onions
1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes cut in half)
1 Chicken Breast (cooked, browned and diced-I like to season it with Creole Cajun Seasoning when I brown it)
Spread ranch dressing over pizza dough. Sprinkle with garlic salt, as desired. Cover with cheese. Top remaining ingredients. Bake in oven according to dough directions until cheese and crust are beginning to brown (mine takes 20-25 min to cook).
*Hint-If you wait until the last 10 min to put on the chicken, tomatoes, and onions, then sprinkle with a little more mozzarella to help the topping stay put, they don't get so dried out.
Pizza Dough (courtesy of Valerie Smith) -I love this dough!
1 Tbsp. Yeast
3 Tbsp. Warm Water
1 tsp. Salt
6 cups flour
2 1/3cups Warm Water
Dissolve yeast in 3 Tbsp warm water. Combine salt, flour, and water in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture. Mix, knead on counter a few minutes, return to bowl and let dough rise until double in size (about 1 hour depending on room temperature). Cut dough in half and separate (makes enough for 2 large pizzas). Roll out dough. Slightly oil bottom of pan with olive oil. Put on desired toppings. Bake at 400F for 20-25 min.
Check out this post to see my favorite dish, Barcelona Chicken. It's incredible!



6 comments:
i think i'm gunna give this a shot! it looks incredibly yummy
It looks incredible!!Really yummy too!! Thanks for sharing!
Can I get you to come over and make this for me! I cannot cook right now I get too sick. But it look good!
Yes Dana. If you don't mind waiting 3 weeks. I have a feeling you would still get sick once it was cooking. How much longer till your morning sickness wears off?
my headlines are secert..hehe!
This was the first recipe I made out of The Porter Family Cookbook and I didn't even know you had blogged about it. We had it tonight and LOVED it! Jonathan said it was the best pizza he'd ever had. This is DEFINITELY going in our regular rotation. SO yummy!
Post a Comment