Sunday, September 6, 2009

I've trained them well

The other day I was getting ready to drive Sam to school and the house next door had some people out front. It's been in forclosure for a few months, so I was excited, hoping that it might be a new neighbor (there's something that just creeps me out about having a big vacant house right next us)! Anywho, there was this cute little girl out front that looked to be about Audrey's age, so I mentioned to Sam how exciting it would be if they are our new neighbors. He replies, "Yeah, but she doesn't look pretty," (she was ADORABLE). "Sam, that's not really nice to say that about everyone you see," (which he has been doing lately). I ask him "Then who is pretty?" His response melted my little heart..."Only you are pretty!" (with his tone of voice to sound like "well, duh!")
It reminded me of the beginning of the summer when I had on my new bathing suit and Logan walked in the room and looks at me and blurts out "WOW, you look incredible!" I didn't even know that word was in his vocabulary. I know this stage won't last much longer. Soon they will be too embarased to give me a kiss and hug and tell me they love me in front of their friends, but I'll take it as long as it lasts! I have definetly trained them well!

1 comment:

The Babkm5 said...

That sounds like stuff Bryce does and says..aren't they cute!